Latest Event Updates
I went to another firework display and I wanted dark eyes with berry lip therefore counteracting the view of “bold eyes and subtle lip”.
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – Love this concealer and it’s still going strong, I used it under my eyes and on my spots.
Kate Moss 01 Lipstick – I used this gorgeous colour along with an unbranded lipstick to tone it down a little, I wanted a dark colour on the lips because I don’t ever do that.
NYC Bold Curl Mascara – The same mascara as always that gives me length and lashes with an added black tone.
MUA Pallet – I used the lightest colour to cover the lids with a brown tone on the outer lid to add a smoky effect.
As some of you may know I went to the Clothes Show on 7th December and it was one of the most stressful but amazing time of my life, I bought no clothes ironically but I got lots of beauty items. So I’m going to show you what I’ve bought and the deals they came in.
The first purchase was Barry M and it was a bag of goodies for £10 and in this came:
- Limited edition B nail polish
- 288 silver polish
- Lilac foil polish
- 264 pink iridescent polish
- Retro 3 red polish
- Gold glitter stick
- Intense black mascara
- Kohl pencil 16
- Super soft eye crayon 5
- Dazzle dust 9 and 24
Overall this was a really good deal as the nail polishes alone beat the cost of the bag!
Secondly was Jelly Pong Pong which I hadn’t heard of but the deal was 2 bags for £5 which had 2 products in each and it came with:
- 2 in 1 eyeliner and shadow
- Caribbean sun bronzer duo
- Lib blush
- Wide awake palette
For only £5 this is pretty good too, a variety of products and the packaging for them are so cute.
Thirdly was So… which I was umming about as I thought I wouldn’t use a lot of it but this was the best value and it came with:
- So… brit x2
- So … in love
- So… daring
- So… lovely dry shampoo
- So… kiss me x2
- So… brit mini
All of these were either sprays or perfumes and they are travel friendly which I always love.
Models own was one of my favourites and you got to choose 3 polishes and then get the £10 goody bag which was so worth it and this came with:
- Balearic cool polish
- Green flash polish
- Lemon meringue polish
- Show stopper 2 polish
- Hot pink lipstick
- Moisturising lip balm
- Glitter pencil – green goddess
- Black glitter eye pencil
- Black eyeliner
- Brown eyeliner
This was a great value bag and a range of products to use and try so I’m very pleased with this.
Last and the worst was Rimmel were you chose from 2 choices retro or endless glam and I chose retro glam and it came with:
- Sachet of wake me up foundation
- Summer shimmer instant tan
- Desire salon pro polish
- Scandal eyes retro glam mascara
You save money without a doubt but I expected a little bit more like Barry M.
Thanks for reading and you will now be seeing lots more makeup and reviews here with new stuff
When I made my first ELF order almost 3 months ago now I was browsing through the sale section to get some last pieces and I came across some nail varnishes for only £1. I ordered coral fire which was a spring colour with an autumn kick and didn’t think it would be amazing but it’s a colour to add to my collection. Personally I love thin nail varnishes and this was exactly that, I would say its my favourite nail polish in my collection so far, it’s sp easy to apply and doesn’t chip easily so I can wear it for nearly a whole week! I would definitely purchase again in other colours!
Another thing I didn’t mean to purchase in my first order was the luscious liquid lipstick in baby lips. At the time it came the baby lips had just been released and I was mad over the cherry me flavour until I lost it and I was so lost. I turned to this item and it’s great, its not sticky like a lip gloss but it has average lasting power and feels nice on the lips. This exact shade doesn’t give off huge colour pay off (which is fine anyway) but I’m sure other shades would. I believe it was £2.50 so for the price I would go and try it out.
I am hoping to purchase more things from ELF during the Christmas period when there more than likely to have another sale, so look forward to that!
So I’ve had a great month in terms of re-discovering products and finding new ones. What’s been your favourite products of this month?
So as you know I have been trying the St Ives Face Scrub and I have been loving it. It’s not a harsh scrub but its enough to cleanse my face and leave me refreshed and like its actually made a difference whereas others just leave my skin feeling grubby.
I have had a little love hate relationship with this but recently I have started to love it a bit more. The Collection concealer is good but it creases under my eyes so this is a thin consistency and a more brightening shade.
Ever since my Cher Lloyd perfume ran out which was my holy grail product I have been looking for a new product to replace it. This has been great for more of a winter scent but it’s not to strong.
I never use to use eyelash curlers, I thought they were a useless product and didn’t really add anything to my eyelashes. Luckily I have natural long lashes but don’t curl very well so when I use these I can create an effortless natural look without any damaging products.
Since I saw the Primark tartan scarf online I have been searching for it but I just cant find it anywhere. However somewhere in my wardrobe I found this blue/yellow/green tartan scarf which I love. It also goes great with my green khaki coat!
So it’s the time of the year when those colds are flying around: sniffles, cold, sore throat and chesty coughs (yay). So I have one literally every other weeks therefore I have some pretty valuable tips to make you feel better and back on your feet again!
1) Buy a nasal stick – they may look disgusting but if you are congested trust me it will be your best friend, take in a sniff and then you can actually use your nose again. You can buy them from any supermarkets and they are pretty cheap too!
2) After a day out with a cold run a bath with hot water and shut the doors and windows. Get into the bath and the steam inside the room will un-congest you and leave you feeling human again.
3) Fill a stainless bowl with boiling water and put your face in the bowl (not in the actual water) and put a tea towel over your head and the bowl to stop the steam coming out and wait for the results.
4) Drink water regularly and eat more vegetables to clean out the system.
5) Hot food to warm up the system.
6) Sleep early and try and sit more right-up to avoid congestion.
A request nearly a whole month ago, how do I get healthy/shiny hair- so here it is and comment below your hair tips!
1) Switch up your shampoo and conditioner. Usually I buy head and shoulders and then a different set- I alternate them every wash or every week. After a while your hair gets used to the product and just wont do anything but create build up so don’t use the same things repetitively.
2) Don’t believe everything you read on the description of products, lets be honest I could spend £10 on a new revitalising shampoo but it wouldn’t transform my hair, shop around for products and trial and error is really the key.
3) Every week or other week use a stripping shampoo/conditioner to get rid of all the gunk and unnecessary build up- I use Head and Shoulders!
1) Less products = healthy hair. As a beauty guru (most of you will know) its hard not to go overboard with buying products and using them all. I have gone through the stage of using up to 8 products a day and its really silly- of course use the essentials but layering on the products also creates build up and keeps your hair dull looking.
2) Natural is better, I went through a stage of being really frustrated with my hair but just use imagination. I am a very un-creative person I use sites like Pintrest and Tumblr to find some inspiration and then teach myself, using expensive products isn’t always essential if you want lovely looking hair.
1) It’s a huge cliché but less heat is really more! I barley use any heat at all- maybe I dry my hair once a week if that but that’s only because its cold outside and I don’t want to be even more cold, I rarely straighten or curl my hair because its effort and it just ruins your hair totally.
2) I’ve said this before but dying/bleaching your hair is just going to ruin it. Essentially you’re stripping your hair completely of all oils and leaving it limp looking- its just ruining your hair!
I have huge lacks of inspiration at times so I thought I’d write for you and A-Z of ideas to blog about which are fashion/beauty related, don’t forget to comment below your post idea to help us all and fill in the blank spaces!
A – Autumnal, Advice
B – BOTM, Brushes, Back To School
C – Collections, Compare, Collaboration
D – Day Time Look, Demonstration, Drugstore
E – Empites, Events, Essentials
F – Favourites, Fashion Shows
G – Giveaways
H – How to.., Hair Styles, Hauls, Holy Grail
I – Inspiration, Interview
J – JOTD (Joke Of The Day)
L – Lookbook
M – Makeup Storage
N – NOTD, Night Time Look
O – OOTD/OOTW
P – Product Of The Week, Product Release
R – Reviews, Routines, Room Tour
S – Social Networking, Sales, Style, Spring, Summer
T – Tags, Thrifted, Tips, Tutorial
U – Unboxing
V – Vlog
W – Wish List, Workout, Winter
Y – Youtube